October 29th Update
Happy Halloween from the Maple Grove staff!
Our Ninja Staff scaling the main stairwell
Monday, November 1, is Pajama Day at Maple Grove.
Students and Staff are invited to get up on Monday morning, put on a fresh pair of pajamas, and head to school.
Call to Action- Traffic
Parents… we are seeking your help in ensuring that students are arriving safely to school. We would like to see if there is any interest in helping to have a Parent Parking Patrol.
This group of volunteer parents would insure that a parent is available on 45th ave each morning to talk with drivers who exhibit unsafe, or illegal parking/driving habits. Also, they may put flyers on parked cars indicating that we’ve noticed the vehicle illegally parked and that we are providing a friendly reminder where appropriate parking is located around the school.
This group is just starting up. If you’re interested in volunteering (perhaps one morning/week) from 8:45-9:10am, please email Mr. Evans. email@example.com
If you are interested in being a Parent Parking Patrol
Immunization Day is November 5 for Grade 6 and 7
Please remember to return your signed consent forms, if your child received one, to the office.
Remembrance Day Assembly and Poppy Fund
Maple Grove will have an online Remembrance Day assembly on November 10th, beginning at 11:00 a.m. A link will be sent to families so that they can attend virtually.
This is an important time of year when we remember our Veterans of past wars and those who are still serving. It is the time of year when poppies are widely distributed in our communities as a symbol of the peace that was won by our men and women in uniform. Each student at Maple Grove will be given one poppy on the day of our assembly.
We are asking your support in making a donation to assist with the care of our Veterans and their dependents. Minimum donation is $2.00, however, there are options to contribute more if you wish. Donations will be sent to the Vancouver Poppy Fund.
Due to COVID restrictions, we cannot accept cash. Sincere thank you for your contribution.
You can preview your child’s photo retake online 48 hours after the
Each student access code is their student number followed by their day of birth.
Kindergarten Registration starts on November 1.
Kindergarten registration for children born in 2017 begins on November 1.
All kindergarten applicants are required to submit an application to their English catchment elementary school. This includes families who wish to apply for choice programs (Early French Immersion, Montessori, Indigenous Focus School, Early Mandarin Bilingual, Nootka Fine Arts) and/or a cross boundary placement.
The priority registration period for Kindergarten opens on November 1 and closes at 4 pm on January 31. Students who submit an application within this priority period will be accommodated before late applicants.
Applying for kindergarten is a 2-step process:
Step 1: Completion of an online application form
Step 2: Verifying documentation
- Contact your English catchment school office to set up an appointment to bring your supporting documentation
- Bring supporting documentation to your English catchment school office during your scheduled appointment
Supporting documents needed:
- Proof of residence in Vancouver
- Child’s birth certificate
- Immigration documentation (if applicable)
- Immunization records
- Court orders/documents (if applicable)
If you want to apply for a District program or cross-boundary, you must first apply to your English catchment elementary school. Applications for District programs and cross boundary placements will begin to be accepted in early 2022.
In the event there are more in-catchment applicants than available space* at the school, the following process will be used to prioritize enrolment:
Kindergarten Applications Received Between November 1 and January 31
- In-catchment kindergarten applicants with siblings in attendance at the school (and who will be attending next year) will be placed first.
- The names of all other in-catchment registrants will be entered into a random draw for the remaining kindergarten spaces.
- Students who cannot be accommodated will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which their name was drawn.
- Between January 31 and the second Friday in June students on the ordered waitlist will be accommodated as space becomes available.
Kindergarten Registrations Received AFTER January 31st
In-catchment kindergarten students who apply after January 31 will be accommodated if there is space. If there is no space their names will be added to the bottom of the existing waitlist.
Note: There will be no priority given to registrants with siblings if they register after January 31.
For more information on kindergarten registration visit: http://www.vsb.bc.ca/kindergarten
* Available Space includes physical capacity, resources, staffing, or educational programs available or planned for a school as defined by the District (Administrative Procedure 300).
Maple Grove Pac Website (Click to enter)
November 5 – Immunization Clinic for Grades 6 and 7
November 7 – Fall Back to Standard Time
November 10 – Remembrance Day Assembly
November 11 – Remembrance Day – No school