Montessori Information Meeting will be held via ZOOM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can use your email address to invite you to attend the meeting.
Meeting will be held at 11:00 am, for approximately one hour.
With the opening of Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year on November 1st, the VSB will be continuing an online registration service for parents. The registration process will have two steps:
Step 1: Complete the online registration process at vsbapplynow.vsb.bc.ca Print out the completed registration form.
Step 2: Call your English catchment school to make an appointment to bring in the completed registration form along with the required documents to your catchment school.
Note: the registration process is not complete until you have competed both steps in the process.
Visit the Student Registration Page on the Vancouver School Board website for more information.
Registration begins November 1, 2020 for the 2021- 2022 school year.
(Kindergarten students for September 2021 must have been born in 2016.)
Regular Program – in Catchment Students
To find out if you are in catchment:
General information and student application form for the regular program is available on line:
For students born in Canada and live in catchment:
Please come to the office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You need four documents to register your child:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Proof of Address (property tax assessment or lease agreement plus one other mailed document with your address on it).
3. Immunization Record
4. Parent ID (Passport, PR card)
You must complete and bring in the registration form available from the VSB website. It can be printed at the school if you do not have access to a printer.
For students born outside of Canada:
For more information on Kindergarten Registration: http://www.vsb.bc.ca/Kindergarten
- You are encouraged to register between November 1 and January 31. If your English catchment school does not have space for all the children in the catchment, there will be a lottery in February.
Special Note for Montessori Kindergarten registration. Montessori is a Choice Program.
- ALL children will register for kindergarten at their English catchment school – even if you do not intend to attend there. This includes students who want to go to French Immersion, Montessori or other Choice Programs – even siblings of children already in the program.
- Application for all programs of choice – including French Immersion, Montessori, Mandarin Bilingual, Aboriginal Focus School, and Fine Arts – will begin online on mid-January 2021 until early February 2021. (Please check the VSB website for updates. VSB Kindergarten registration information) You will need a Personal Education Number (PEN) to apply and this will only be sent to you if you register at your English catchment school.
(Kindergarten applicants for September 2021 must have been born in 2016.)
Applications for Grade 1 to 7 Montessori Program at Maple Grove are available On the VSB website.
An application for the Montessori program is not a registration in the system. All applicants must be registered at their catchment school.
Please go to our Parents tab – click on Montessori for more information about the program.
Information meetings for Montessori Program:
January 15, 2021 — 11:00 am to 12:00 pm