New Registration Process
With the opening of school registration for the 2019-20 school year on November 1st, the VSB will be implementing a new online registration service for parents. The registration process will have two steps:
Step 1: Complete the online registration process at vsbapplynow.vsb.bc.ca Print out the completed registration form.
Step 2: Bring the completed registration form along with the required documents to your catchment school.
Note: the registration process is not complete until you have competed both steps in the process.
Visit the Student Registration Page on the Vancouver School Board website for more information.
Registration begins Thursday, November 1, 2017 for the 2019- 2020 school year.
(Kindergarten students for September 2019 must have been born in 2014.)
Regular Program – in Catchment Students
To find out if you are in catchment:
General information and student application form for the regular program is available on line:
For students born in Canada and live in catchment:
Please come to the office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You need four documents to register your child:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Proof of Address (property tax assessment or lease agreement plus one other mailed document with your address on it).
3. Immunization Record
4. Parent ID (Passport, PR card)
You can complete and bring in the registration form available from the VSB website, or you can get one from the school and fill it in here at Maple Grove.
For students born outside of Canada:
For more information on Kindergarten Registration: http://www.vsb.bc.ca/Kindergarten
Special Note for Montessori Kindergarten registration. Montessori is a Choice Program.
- ALL children will register for kindergarten at their English catchment school – even if you do not intend to attend there. This includes students who want to go to French Immersion, Montessori or other Choice Programs – even siblings of children already in the program.
- You are encouraged to register between November 1 and January 31. If your English catchment school does not have space for all the children in the catchment, there will be a lottery in February.
- Application for all programs of choice – including French Immersion, Montessori, Mandarin Bilingual, Aboriginal Focus School, and Fine Arts – will begin online on mid-January 2019 until early February 2019. (Please check the VSB website for updates. VSB Kindergarten registration information) You will need a Personal Education Number (PEN) to apply and this will only be sent to you if you register at your English catchment school.
(Kindergarten applicants for September 2019 must have been born in 2014.)
Applications for the Montessori Program at Maple Grove are only available at the school for grades 1 to 7. Parents must come to the school to obtain one. No faxed in or mailed in applications will be accepted. Filling the form in at the school will ensure that your child’s name will be placed on the waitlist for grades 1 through 7.
An application for the Montessori program is not a registration in the system. All applicants must be registered at their catchment school.
Please go to our Montessori Page for more information about the program.
Information meetings for Montessori Program:
Friday December 14th — 11:00 am to noon –
Open House with Kindergarten focus at Maple Grove.