New Sign-In Procedure for Late Students
We have noticed an increase in student tardiness at Maple Grove. Being late for school, even if it is only by a few minutes, presents the following challenges:
- Teachers need to stop their instructions to welcome their late student; this impacts instructional time for other students;
- Late students miss out on important instruction and routines in the morning;
- Causes disruptions with office staff.
We have decided to try a new procedure for late students to sign-in. We have piloted this new procedure this week, and it has proved successful. Therefore, any student who is arriving at school past 9:00 will now need to do the following:
1) Enter through the Library doors
2) Sign-In on the form at the Servery counter (we have staff available to help those who can’t quite write yet)
3) Grab a bright orange slip from the Servery counter
4) Hand in the slip to their teacher when they arrive in class
We appreciate your support and collaboration in ensuring that our students are at school and ready to learn at 9:00 every morning.
Div 15 Sewing Skills
Div. 15 has been learning sewing skills through the winter. They learned how to sew 8 different embroidery stitches and then used them to make stuffies that they designed themselves. We are so proud of all the hard work the students put into designing challenging 3-D shapes and all the artistry they put into their decoration. The stuffies look spectacular!
Maple Grove Spirit Wear NOW Available!
Show your Maple Grove pride and support our school with the 2022 spirit wear collection! We are excited to bring back some old favorites while also introducing our brand new pod wear items and new Maple Grove logo items. There is something for everyone!
All funds raised through Spirit Wear sales will be put towards supporting the curricular and extra-curricular needs of our students and school.
Click here to visit the online Spirit Wear Store and start shopping! It will only be open until February 18! You don’t want to miss out!
Not sure what size to pick and wondering how the clothes will fit? Check out the Spirit Wear page on our PAC website to see some examples.
Maple Grove Pac Website (Click to enter)
February 14th – Valentine’s Day
February 18th – Professional Development Day – No school for students
February 21st – Family Day Holiday
February 23rd – Pink Shirt Day