Admin Message- Important… we need your help
Earthquake Bin Donations Accepted
With the fantastic help from Heidi Cestari and her husband as well as Travis Boehm, we now have access to our Earthquake container. Next Steps:
- We had to toss a lot of moldy things away as they’ve been in a rain-soaked cargo container in the Magee parking lot for 2 years.
- We need to fundraise to purchase many new items. This is the lifeline for your child. Until you can make it to Maple Grove after an earthquake, you can anticipate that your kids may be on the field with school staff for anywhere between 1 to 4 days. We are currently not set up to manage or handle this.
- We have been told by the VSB health and safety that more supplies will be coming; but we ordered water last spring and it still hasn’t arrived this year. I am reluctant to rely on the district for important supplies for our students in the immediate future.
- As much as we appreciate material donations, we don’t have the person-power to sort through a donation of discarded things from a garage. Please, for now, in order for us to provide continuity of supplies in a restricted new space, we ask that you only donate using CashOnline.
- Here is my ask: I would like each parent to reach deep into their pockets and use cash online (see the link below) to make a donation titled to the earthquake relief fund. A committee of parents and admin will determine how best to use these these funds to get the necessary materials to make life for your child easier in the event of an earthquake. We’re talking everything from food, water, home care packages; to tarps and tents for cover from the elements. These necessary supplies will be “in addition” to what we anticipate from the VSB… we’re just not certain when we’ll see their school seismic rollout.
- All donations can be made via your child’s SchoolCashOnline account, and tax receipts will be issued immediately. Here are the step-by-step instructions: Sign into your SchoolCashOnline account. You will see a dark button labelled “Make a Donation” at the top right. Click on that button then select the amount you would like to donate. Choose “E-Maple Grove” from the drop down menu labelled “Fund Destination”. Please indicate Earthquake Relief Fund in the notes section to ensure your donation goes to the correct fund. Finally “Add to Cart” and complete the payment section. Thank you!
Purdy’s Chocolate Christmas Campaign
Support the Maple Grove Grade 7 students as they fundraise for Grad with a Purdy’s Chocolate Christmas campaign!
Step 1: Click on the following link: https://fundraising.purdys.com/1419198-89712
Step 2: Follow the prompts to create an account using your own name, not your child’s name. If you already have an account, search for the Maple Grove Campaign using the following Campaign Customer Number: 61842
Step 3: Make sure you are ordering under Maple Grove Elementary and shop away
Step 4: Pay for your order
Step 5: Pick up your order at school between 2:30pm – 3:30pm on December 9th
*Please note that orders will not be delivered to your child’s class. Instead, they will be available for pick up outside one of the school entrances. Exact location to be confirmed.*
Important dates for Chocolate Fundraiser:
Order deadline is November 27th (no late orders accepted)
Pick up at school on December 9th
Get your all your chocolate Christmas shopping done at once without leaving the comfort of your home, and help out our Grads who get 25% of the profit!
The 2022 Grad Committee thanks everyone for their support!
Thank you to Ms. Hales for organizing Remembrance Day at Maple Grove. Thank you also to Mr. McDonough for all his amazing tech resourcefulness. It was a lovely presentation and way to give thanks to those who have come before us; and to be thankful for the families and friends we have.
Thank you to all the staff who worked with students to complete poems, stories, artwork and presentation.
Over $1200 was raised for the Vancouver Poppy Fund. A sincere thank you to all who donated.
Maple Grove Pac Website (Click to enter)
November 26 – Professional Development Day – No school for students.
Last day of classes before Winter Break – December 17, 2021.
First day back after Winter Break – January 4, 2022