I am so happy to tell you that this week we have been busy putting the final touches to the organization and the school. We are so looking forward to seeing the students and excited to begin the year. The library will be open for coffee and tea from 8:55 am to 10:00 am on Tuesday. I look forward to seeing many of you there.
Here is what the start of the week looks like for all grades, except the kindergarten. Kindergarten students will receive a gradual entry schedule from their teacher by email.
9:00 am – Students arrive (except for Kindergarten students).
10:00 am – Students are dismissed.
Last year’s students go to last year’s classrooms
New Students Traditional Program go to:
Grade 5, 6 and 7 (Traditional Program) to Mrs Humeniuk Room 301
Grade 3, and 4 (Traditional Program) to Mrs. Watkins Room 306
Grade 1 and 2 (Traditional Program) to Ms Serbic (Room 308)
New Students Montessori Program go to:
Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7 Montessori to Ms Burghall (Room 303)
Grade 1, 2, and 3 Montessori to Ms Roopra (Room 308 A)
All students go to the classroom they were in on Tuesday.
Students will probably move to their new class before lunch.
Parents can find out where to pick up their students by checking class lists which will be posted outside the office or in the basement during the afternoon.
DOCUMENTS GOING HOME
We will be sending home a number of documents and letters in the coming week. These include:
- a) Media Consent Form which, among other things, will allow us to use your child’s picture in our blog. We would identify children by first name only.
- b) An Internet Agreement, an important document which you should review with your child. Responsible use of the Internet is important for them to learn.
- c) School Supplies and Agenda fees collection. School fees are $25 per child. Agendas (Grades 1 to 7 only) are $6 each. You may write one cheque for $31.00, payable to Maple Grove Elementary.
- d) Upcoming Book Fair information and request for volunteers
- e) Hot Lunch order forms.
- f) Student Accident Insurance Forms
- g) Student Verification Forms. Please review, make any changes necessary and return to the school with your signature by September 30th.
September 8th – First day of school (dismissal at 10 AM). Coffee for parents in the library.
September 10th – First day for Hot Lunch. Please send a lunch for your child on Wednesday.
September 16 – Meet the Teacher and Welcome Back BBQ hosted by PAC
September 18 – Terry Fox Run 1:15pm
September 21th – September 24 – Book Fair in the Library
September 23th – PAC meeting in library 7:00 pm
September 30 & October 1 Dismissal at 2:00 pm.
October 7 – Photo Day